Friday, May 7, 2010

May Mtg. Swap...



It's been a while since I made cards to swap at our monthly meetings so I figured I better get a move on it and make some for our meeting tonight. Our theme for swaps is "Big Shot" cards. The sentiment comes from the set Kind & Caring Thoughts and the sunflower is from A Flower For All Seasons. The big shot items that I used were the scallop square die and SU Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates.

As I was making this card, the sunflowers reminded me of my dear friend Lisa who passed away last summer. Lisa would have celebrated her birthday this month. She had the most beautiful personality inside and out! She always knew just how to put a smile on your face even on the darkest days! In fact, she still does. Each time I visit her grave, I am reminded of what a great friend she was and although she is not physically here with us, I know she is with us in spirit! I was blessed to have her in my life...

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. hi brenda! love your card! I see some cutting going on there! I was touched by your sentiments about your friend. I'm sure she's smiling down upon you every day! Take care!

    ReplyDelete