Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dimensions For Altered Composition Book...





This is a sample of the composition books I made this weekend for my daughter's upcoming birthday party. I needed to make 12 of these. These were made using one sheet of DSP and have a wider binding. That is why I decided to put the girls' names on it (to make the binding look a bit smaller).

Please use the following dimensions:

(1x) 3-1/2" x 10" piece of card stock to be used to cover the binding
(2x) 10" x 6" piece of DSP

1. First, I squeeze Elmer's glue on the front of the composition book and spread it evenly with a brush. Then I place the DSP on the front, aligning the sheet with the bottom edge of the book and the binding. Repeat for the back of the book. When the glue dries, trim the edges using your hobby blade.

2. Next, add the 3-1/2" x 10" piece of card stock to the binding of the book by first applying the glue to the cardstock, not the book. Note: I like to shape the card stock alongside the book before adding the glue. I found that this helps me in centering the binding easily.

3. Decorate your composition book!

That's it! Happy crafting!

8 comments:

  1. So awesome! Love the larger edge to fit the girls' names. What did you use for the letters? Do I need to buy more stuff? :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!! I like the lettering you used! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute composition books! Luv that Dp! I also luv how you put the names on the composition books! Thanks for sharing the dimensions!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very cute Brenda! Luv how you personalized each comp book with the names of the girls. I bow down to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute! Love the HK comp books!! You always amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute Brenda!!! Love Hello Kitty! You did a great job with the lettering too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Love these!!! They are so PRETTY!
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are too cute!! I love HK and I know these girls will just LOVE them too!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete