Sunday, June 20, 2010

Flag Card Instructions...



Last month I posted a Flag Card that I created for Shirley and had a couple requests to post the instructions for it. I FINALLY had the chance to sit down and do the instructions. Yes, it took me about a month (and I'm sorry it took so long), but I hope that you are still interested in making one of these cards.

Step 1: On a 5-1/2" x 11-3/4" piece of DSP, score it at 4-1/4", 5-3/4", 7-1/4", 8-3/4", 10-1/4" along the 11-3/4" side (see above photo).



Step 2: On a 5-1/2" x 6-1/4" piece of DSP, score it at 1/2" & 2" along the 6-1/4" side.



Step 3: Attach the 1/2" end of the 5-1/2" x 6-1/4" piece to the 1-1/2" end of the 5-1/2" x 11-3/4" piece. It should form one long piece of paper.



Step 4: Cut three 1-3/4" x 4" pieces of assorted colors. These will be the top flags. Cut three 3-1/2 x 4" pieces of assorted colors. These will be the bottom flags. Use the corner rounder on the outer edges.

*The following might be a bit confusing, but I will try to do my best to explain it. Attach the bottom flags on the front of each fold. Attach the top flags on the back of each fold. Note: the top and bottom flags will end up on different sides of the fold. Decorate as you desire.





This is a top view of the Flag Card. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to clarify. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. Hope you are enjoying your special day! Please check back tomorrow to see my OCS Flag Card that I created for my partner.

5 comments:

  1. Yup, it's a pretty neat card and I love it! Thanks again for my card and thanks for this tutorial Brenda. Now I can make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo Brenda! Glad you posted the instructions 'cause at first glance, it looked complicated to make. :) Hope you're having a wonderful weekend thus far and wishing hubby a Happy Father's Day! :)

    Btw, I totally forgot to take a pic of the diaper cake. It came out really cute but it took forever! Mostly because we were talking so darn much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I have to try this out. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brenda; That's a cool looking card, I'll have to try it. You're so good at doing the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Brenda! Thanks for the tut on this flag card! I hope I have time to try it out tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete