Monday, August 23, 2010

August OCS...



Here is the card that I created for this month's OCS. My partner this month was Cami and the pressure was on once again! For those of you who know Cami, she makes the most beautfiul cards and really has an eye for details.

The theme for this swap was "Oriental." I knew immediately that I wanted to use my Kimono Kids stamp set, but just didn't know how to make it work. I decided to make a step card (at least that's what I think it's called...lol). I embossed the images of the girls, colored them, and cut them out. Since I wanted to make the little girls look like they were at a Bon Dance, I made a Yagura (bandstand for the musicians/singers) for the background using some scrap paper. Making this card reminded me of the time (many years ago) when I made a 3-D structure of the Yagura for my group's Summer Fun performance.



Here is the inside of my card.



Here is the adorable card that I received from Cami. Remember how I said she has an eye for details? She even added some little dots to the little girls' faces. Look at all those little cherry blossoms... my favorite! She was also sweet enough to send me this stamp set. Thank you Cami! So glad to finally meet you in person!



Here is the inside of her card... simply beautiful!

6 comments:

  1. WOW Ladies! you both were on fire!! love both cards you made and it is so asian! lol! turned out wonderful and love the clings you got! so sweet! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you ladies are so talented. Both cards are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Brenda! I'm so bummed I didn't get to meet you this past weekend. Maybe next time yah?

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Brenda! I love your card and Cami's card! I gotta get going on my card...now that the social is all pau, I can get back on a schedule...thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, both of these cards are just amazing!! I love that cute scene you created! Cami made an adorable and sweet card too!! What a great challenge this was!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete