Tuesday, September 8, 2009
I made these cupcake baskets using the Simple Birthday Thanks stamp set. Here are the instructions in case anyone wants to try them out:
1. Stamp the image onto a piece of cardstock to use as your pattern.
2. Trace the pattern 2x on a sheet of cardstock and 2x on a sheet of DSP. Note: before tracing it on the DSP you need to cut the top off the cupcake so that you can trace it on a different design of DSP. You should have 2 cardstock cupcakes and 2 DSP cupcakes (the top & bottom should be different designs of the DSP).
3. After cutting them out, attach the DSP to the cardstock using a gluestick. You can use your sanding blocks to smooth out the edges of the cupcakes.
4. The basket (that is hidden behind the cupcake) is a piece of 6 1/2" x 5" that was scored at 1 1/2" (on the 6 1/2" side). The basket should end up with the dimensions 2" wide, 2 1/2" high, and 1 1/2" deep.
5. Glue the basket between the 2 cupcakes and add a 1" handle. You can also add a 1" circle on top in place of the cherry. Add glitter and decorate as desired.
If you have any questions, please let me know...